Rekan is a progressive construction consultancy practice providing a range of integrated services for the built environment including Project Management, Cost Management, Construction Management, Occupation Management and Landlord/Tenant Representation. Founded in 2011 we have grown in a planned and sustainable manner, acquiring talented and experienced professionals from both contracting and consultancy background alongside a focus on developing youth.
Our management principles and philosophy have been developed in accordance with ISO 9001/14001 and CHAS for which the company has gained accreditation. We have a proven track record of successfully delivering complex projects, being recognised by various trade qualifications such as CIOB, Prince 2, CIWM and APM. What sets Rekan apart from other consultants is our hands-on approach which allows integration with the client/user team in a very close and committed manner.
Rekan has developed a clear and robust approach for the delivery projects based on the experience of our team. We have established a Project Delivery Process (or ‘route map’) which sets out the various high level activities associated with each project stage and function. A number of standard tools/documents have been developed to support this approach which is tailored to suit the needs of each project/client.
Our management philosophy is founded on the following core principles:
- Development of a strategic delivery framework at the outset of each project
- Detailed and robust cost planning/monitoring throughout the project
- Close and practical management of the design against the client brief/budget
- Identification of all project stakeholders and appropriate/regular communication with each
- Early focus on project handover and the required actions/processes for successful delivery
- An holistic approach to project delivery including the identification of peripheral issues/client requirements